Privacy & Cookies Policy
Alastair Little Food Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This policy (together with our website terms & conditions of use (Ts & Cs) and any other documents referred to in our Ts & Cs) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.byalastairlittle.co.uk (Website) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information About Us
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is Alastair Little Food Limited, Alastair Little Food Ltd, 146 New London Rd, Chelmsford, CM2 0AW
Information we may collect from you
3. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 3.1 Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by interacting or corresponding with us by social media, phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use our Website, search for a product, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website or By Alastair Little social media platforms, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, social media contact details, email address and phone number(s), financial and credit card information, personal description, photograph and other personal details.
- 3.2 Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- 3.2.1 technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- 3.2.2 information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer contact number.
Uses made of the information
5. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 5.1 Information you give to us
We will use this information to:
- 5.1.1 carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- 5.1.2 provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- 5.1.3 provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (social media, email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- 5.1.4 notify you about material changes to our service;
- 5.1.5 ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- 5.2 Information we collect about you
We will use this information to:
- 5.2.1 administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- 5.2.2 improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 5.2.3 allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- 5.2.4 keep our Website safe and secure;
- 5.2.5 measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- 5.2.6 make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- 5.3 Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Uses made of the information
6. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- 6.1 business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- 6.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- 6.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- 6.4 credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
7. We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- 7.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- 7.2 if Alastair Little Food or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Where we store your personal data
8. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy & cookies policy.
9. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or call us on 07400 892792.
11. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
12. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy & cookies policy
14. Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy & cookies policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07400 892792.